- 225g butter
- 225g sugar (and more for the drizzle, below)
- 225g gluten free flour (pretty sure you could use ordinary flour too)
- 2 eggs
- 1.5 shots of gin (plus more for the drizzle, see below)
- Half a lemon (you'll need the other half later)
For the drizzle:
- Half a lemon
- 1 shot of gin
- 4 pudding spoons of caster sugar
Blitz the butter and the sugar. Add in the eggs. Blitz. Add in the flour. Blitz.
Chuck in the gin and the lemon juice. Blitz.
Cook for 20 mins at 180 and then cover with tin foil and cook for a further 15 mins.
To make the drizzle: squeeze half a lemon into a vessel; add a shot of gin. Pop in 4 pudding spoons of caster sugar. Stir it up with a fork.
Now stab the cake gently with a fork (see vid) and then pour the drizzle over it whilst it's still in the baking tin. Let it stand for about 5 mins before turning it out onto a plate. It'll now be upside down so just grab it carefully and pop it the right way up.
Allow to cool and enjoy!