Top tip - you have to cook the sausages, the pastry and then the tart itself so think about when you put it in otherwise you will be eating very late!
- 4 Sausages
- Some basil
- Ready roll shortcrust pastry
- Sun dried tomato paste
- 1 onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 aubergine
- 1 courgette
- About 8 decent tomatoes
Rocket and parmesan salad goes well with it.
Cook the sausages in olive oil and basil. Roll the shortcrust pastry and bake blind (without anything in it) for 20 mins.
Preparing the tart:
- Spread some sun dried tomato paste on the pastry (after it has cooked).
- Fry the chopped onion and 1 clove of garlic. Pop in the tart.
- Fry the sliced aubergine briefly. Lay on top. Spread some more tomato paste.
- Fry the courgette briefly. Lay on top.
- Lay on tomatoes and sausage (cut them into bits and arrange decoratively…)
- Add a good slug of olive oil.
Cook for about 40-45 mins. You will need to cover the top with silver foil.
Serve with rocket and parmesan salad. Niiiicccceeee.